Benefits of Membership
Perhaps the greatest benefit of membership at Second Unitarian is the renewed hope one gains from belonging to an active, spiritual community where you can:
- Be in authentic relationship with others.
- Find compassionate beloved community and a shared commitment to change the world through acts of love and justice.
- Be transformed through vibrant worship, small group ministry and religious growth and learning programs.
The more members we have, the more influence we can have as a liberal religious body in our own community and in the world.
Other membership benefits include:
- Right to vote in congregational meetings.
- Subscription to UU World magazine.
- Pastoral care and rites of passage from minister at no cost.
- Use of facilities at no cost for rites-of-passage ceremonies (e.g. weddings, memorial services/funerals).
- Reduced rates on renting facilities for other special occasions.
- Ability to serve as a member of the Board of Trustees or as a committee chairperson.