We believe every person has value as a member of the human family. The suffering caused by racism must end if we want to create fair and loving communities.
We pursue racial justice in the following ways:
- Educating ourselves on racism and the role that white privilege plays in perpetuating it.
- Attending Omaha Table Talk events.
- Holding a workshop on inclusiveness, conducted by Inclusive Communities.
- Attending the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Unity luncheon.
- Installing a “Black Lives Matter” banner on our church.
Supporting local organizations seeking racial justice through Share the Plate
- Black Men United of Omaha
- Multicultural Coalition of Grand Island
- Omaha Area Sanctuary Network
- Black Votes Matter Institute
- Urban League of Nebraska
- Malcolm X Foundation
- Inclusive Communities
- Centro Latino of Council Bluffs