These were among the matters the Board addressed in April:
- Returning to the Building/Safety Task Force. The joint Return to Building/Safety Task Force has developed a list of things that need to happen to the building before reopening. Task force members are looking at the criteria that other local UU and UCC churches have developed to return to their buildings to help devise 2U’s own list.
- Deck rebuilding/other repairs. Construction of deck/ramp and chimney repairs were underway at board meeting time. The work has since been completed. See this week’s enews item from Clyde Anderson.
- Stewardship. Dorothy Danielson reported that the 2020-21 pledge drive total came to $159,968, short of the $185,000 goal. The Board moved to proceed on applying for UUA grant possibilities to help pay for some expected expenditures and help stretch the coming year’s budget.
- 2021/2022 Budget discussion. Budget team adjusted the proposed budget for next fiscal year. A half-time minister is planned and additional hours for the DRE was agreed upon to help with Faith Formation initiatives. Part of figuring out next year’s budget is determining final costs on the deck/ramp rebuilding and also materials costs for the coffee area and how much of that will come out of the capital campaign and the general budget coffers. The Board will be looking into cost-savings from the cabinets in the coffee area to help figure out the budget.
- Ministry: TheBoard was updated on the minister search. It is possible that the minister may be a virtual position for the first year, given it is half-time, and that the church needs to start looking at moving expenses as a future cost if a minister is offered a contract beyond next fiscal year.
- Church Mutual policy. Further review of current insurance policy is to be undertaken; the Board will be kept apprised of whether there’s a case to be made to have a Management Protection Plan, which would increase premiums.
Reminder: Dates have been set for the annual meeting and preceding town hall, which will go over the budget being presented at the annual meeting. The town hall is set for May 22 at 10 a.m. via zoom and the annual meeting is June 12 at 10 a.m. via zoom.
The Board’s next meeting is May 19 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. Any member of the church who is interested in attending a Board meeting should contact one of the members of the Board to receive an emailed Zoom meeting link. This year’s Board is: Sue Aschinger (Chairperson), Ed Bok (Vice Chairperson), Pam Curtiss-Smith, Dorothy Danielson, Pam Miller-Jenkins (Secretary) and Tom Peterson.