Join our RE kids in their new project to collect items for the Nebraska Humane Society. The kids call it the Furry, Feathery Friends Collection.
This social action project allows our children and youth to live their commitment to the 7th principle – the interdependent web of all existence, which means we care for every living thing!
Please find a list of wanted items below or attached to the bin in the 2U lobby. If you want to get really specific, the Humane Society has an actual wish list on Amazon. Thank you in advance for supporting the kids as they grow their social activism skills and awareness.
Furry, Feathery Friends Collection needs list:
- Cat and dog toys
- Laser pointer toys
- Dog or cat food (Opened bags must be properly secured and labeled)
- Unopened jars of peanut butter, canned pumpkin, canned chicken, or mini-marshmallows
- Distilled waterLarge towels or blankets
- Yarn (for cat beds)
- Empty gallon sized ice cream buckets or pill bottles
- Empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Scoop-able cat litter
- Resealable sandwich sized plastic bags
- Flashlights and batteries
- Black “Sharpies” for the office