Saturday, December 2nd 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This year, the Nominations and Leadership Development committee is excited to offer the Leadership Development Seminar, U 2 Can Be a Leader an evolution of Leadership 101 offered at 2U for the last 3 years
Through the Leadership Development Seminar, U 2 Can Be a Leader you can:
- Build connections to other church members
- Develop transferable leadership skills and practice previously learned skills
- Build confidence for leadership and how you handle challenges
Being comfortable in a leadership position can be learned by everyone.
The Leadership Development Seminar, U 2 Can Be a Leader includes an exciting, interactive curriculum based on information from the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence, the Midwest Leadership School, and leadership trainings from outside our UU faith. It is conducted by an experienced team who have volunteered or are employed as leaders in the community, teach or attended the Midwest Leadership School, 2U Board members and past seminar attendees.
U 2 Can Be a Leader will be held Saturday, December 2nd at Second Unitarian from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. We will start by settling in with complimentary food and beverages.** Program activities will begin promptly at 8:30. Child care is available; please give the name(s) and age(s) of your child(ren) when you register.
Reserve your space in the Leadership Development Seminar, U 2 Can Be a Leader before Sunday, November 19th by sending your name(s) to email@example.com.
Don’t delay…..the number of participants who can be served in this seminar is limited.
Why attend THIS leadership seminar at Second Unitarian Church?
You are interested in finding ways to be involved in your church.
- You are an established leader in the congregation or at your worksite and want to improve your skills for leading groups and handling challenging interactions.
- You are just embarking on your leadership journey and don’t feel confident of your leadership skills.
- You are uncertain of your leadership skills and fear that you may be asked at some time in the future to serve on the Board, the Stewardship Committee, or to chair some other committee within the congregation.
- You want to expand your knowledge about leadership skills from what you learned at a previous seminar.
** A free-will offering will be accepted for meals, although contributions are voluntary**