Each month Urban Abbey coffee shop in the Old Market donates 10% of counter sales to a like -minded community partner. February it’s OTOC (Omaha Together One Community)! Stop by 10th and Jackson for a treat, plan a get-together with friends, schedule a 2U Committee meeting, or attend an OTOC Issues Café.
Issue Café Sessions:
- Thursday, February 2nd, 6:45pm – Steve Carmichael, Council Bluffs Housing office, shares why our neighbor city requires regular inspection of rental properties to assure basic safety and habitability
- Tuesday, February 7th, 6:45pm – Experts discuss bill in Nebraska legislature to limit interest and fees charged by Pay Day lenders
- Friday, February 10th, 6:30pm – Family night fun with Mexican Bingo (Loteria) and taco bar
- Wednesday, February 15, 6:45pm – Young immigrants with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) status discuss impacts if the program is withdrawn and how churches can help Wednesday,
- February 22, 6:45pm – Francis Mendenhall explains proposal for carbon fee and dividend; Graham Christensen talks about water quality and the impact of a proposed chicken processing plant near Fremont
- Tuesday, February 28, 6:45pm – Bicycle enthusiasts from Mode Shift Omaha discuss strategies for improving transportation safety by better crosswalks, bicycle lanes, and bus route signs