These were among the matters the Board addressed in March:
- Returning to the Building. The Board is continuing to assess the process of being back in the building. Several members have attended UUA “Returning to In-Person Gatherings” webinars for guidance on the safest options. Included in this process is the possibility of combining Safety Task Force II with the group of folks tasked with the reopening question, as both are matters of safety. Michael Lynne joined the board meeting to make his case for reopening soon, as many members have been vaccinated.
- Safety Task Force II. Ed has three members who have agreed to be on the second safety task force, he is looking for one, possibly two, more members, who have medical field backgrounds to offer input on returning to the building (see above). If you have this medical expertise and could support this important work, please contact Ed Bok.
- Professional Ministry. The board is working with the UUA on options for our future professional ministry. A team is also working with the UUA to provide information in anticipation of talking to available ministers. A key component in our options is the outcome of our current Stewardship Campaign. The Board will be communicating more in regard to professional minister in early April.
- Targeted ministry. To continue having pulpit and pastoral care support, the Board has moved, 6-0, to extend Rev. Mary Moore’s targeted ministry for the months of June through September 2021.
- Deck rebuilding/other repairs. Materials have been selected for the deck/ramp rebuild. Contractor will be getting back to the board on a start date.
- Tech coordinator position. Sarah Carter has been hired as our new technology coordinator. Board was updated on her hiring process.
- Stewardship. Dorothy updated the board on the now-concluded pledge drive. We came in short of the $185,000 goal. Look for a separate article from Dorothy about next steps.
- 2021/2022 Budget discussion. Due to the stewardship drive shortfall, the budget team will be meeting to figure out the tough decisions of making the budget work.
- Church Mutual policy. After inquiries to Church Mutual, it was ascertained that all elected church leaders are covered under their liability policy. We are considering the possibility of raising our liability coverage.
Reminder: Dates have been set for the annual meeting and preceding town hall, which will go over the budget being presented at the annual meeting. The town hall is set for May 22 at 10 a.m. via zoom and the annual meeting is June 12 at 10 a.m. via zoom.
The Board’s next meeting is April 21 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. Any member of the church who is interested in attending a Board meeting should contact one of the members of the Board to receive an emailed Zoom meeting link. This year’s Board is: Sue Aschinger (Chairperson), Ed Bok (Vice Chairperson), Pam Curtiss-Smith, Dorothy Danielson, Pam Miller-Jenkins (Secretary) and Tom Peterson.