Second Unitarian’s Board of Trustees is the church’s governing body entrusted to keep the church moving forward. This has been an especially daunting task due to the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19 and the lack of a full time minister.
However, as Dorothy Danielson stated, “Despite these obstacles, it has been a very rewarding experience working with the Board along with the dedicated volunteers that keep Second Unitarian a warm, welcoming church home.”
Highlights of the Board’s most recent accomplishments include:
- Taking on additional responsibilities left unattended due to the lack of a full time minister;
- Addressing and resolving the challenges of switching to remote services and meetings;
- Ensuring the completion of the long-awaited construction of new bathrooms, church entrance, and parking lot;
- Moving forward with, and adapting to, important new technology; and
- Continuing to update Bylaws, Membership, Endowment Policy, Personnel Manual, and Employee Complaint Policy.
We thank the Board of Trustees, past and present, for their dedicated service. The 2021-2022 members include: Dorothy Danielson (chair), Molly Kliment-Jenkins (secretary), Pam Curtiss-Smith (vice-chair), Phil Phillips, Sue Aschinger, and Ed Bok. They may be contacted at email@example.com in an atmosphere of transparency and trust.
The Stewardship Team