These were among the matters the Board addressed in December:
- Our new targeted minister, Rev. Mary Moore, joined the Board for their December meeting and she and Board members got to know each other a little better and we discussed whether there were any loose ends regarding her contract. Board members have been tasked with studying past minister contracts and UUA contract templates to see if anything needs to be addressed.
- The Board moved to proceed on getting a bid from Diversified Construction on the rebuilding of the ramp and front deck of the church, a project that has been estimated at about $19,000; a portion of the money will come from previously approved Capital Campaign funds for the ramp, which was a part of the overall bathroom project.
- The Board and Nominations and Leadership Development are reviewing input from the Town Halls, as well as providing an additional opportunity to gather input from all members. (See separate e-news item).
- A team of folks, including representatives from the Board, are meeting before the end of the year to decide best next steps for posting a Technology Coordinator position.
- Board member Dorothy Danielson updated the Board on how progress is going with the stewardship campaign, which will look a little different next year because of the pandemic.
- A Board subgroup will be meeting to determine budget requests for staff and minister compensation for the coming year’s budget.
- We are making contact with our Church Mutual representative on questions that have come up about liability coverage for members of the congregation who are in elected positions but not members of the Board. The goal is to determine whether insurance coverage needs revision.
The Board’s next meeting is January 20 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. Any member of the church who is interested in attending a Board meeting should contact one of the members of the Board to receive an emailed Zoom meeting link. This year’s Board is: Sue Aschinger (Chairperson), Ed Bok (Vice Chairperson), Pam Curtiss-Smith, Dorothy Danielson, Pam Miller-Jenkins (Secretary) and Tom Peterson.