Leadership 101 Seminar – Saturday, December 5
Why attend a leadership seminar at Second Unitarian Church?
- You are an established leader in the congregation or at your worksite and want to improve your skills for leading groups.
- You are just embarking on your leadership journey and don’t feel confident of your leadership skills.
- You are uncertain of your leadership skills and fear that you may be asked, at some distant time in the future, to serve on the Board, the Stewardship Committee, or to chair some other committee within the congregation.
- You are interested in finding ways to be involved in your church.
Being comfortable in a leadership position is a skill anyone can learn: your comfort level includes knowing how Second Unitarian does its work and gaining confidence in your own leadership skills.
Leadership 101 Seminar will be held Saturday, December 5th from 8:15am to 4:00pm at the Second Unitarian Church. Continental breakfast and lunch are complimentary.** Child care is available; please give the name(s) and age(s) of your child(ren) when you register. To participate in the seminar, send your name(s) by November 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reserve your space by November 10 — the number of participants who can be served in this seminar is limited,
Leadership 101 will be led by a team from our local UU community who have developed the curriculum from experience in the church, training by Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence, Midwest Leadership School, and ideas from other leadership trainings. The day includes connecting with other UU members, free food, energy recharge breaks, child care, and an exciting, interactive curriculum that has been tested with many leaders.
We are so excited to be able to offer this Leadership 101 Seminar at Second Unitarian Church. Through Leadership 101 you can:
- Build connections with other leaders in the congregation
- Develop transferable leadership skills
- Build confidence for leadership
- Identify resources available to increase your leadership capacity
- Become familiar with our congregation’s systems, governance structures and procedures
Remember to reserve your space by November 10. Questions? Contact Tom Peterson at email@example.com.
** A free-will offering will be accepted for meals although contributions are voluntary