When we moved out on our own for the very first time, how many of us took with us a little piece of home? Mom’s old pots & pans, the ugly couch from the basement, a cozy blanket from Grandma’s house…
The March Learning Service Project needs your donations of new and gently used household items to help youth who are aging out of the foster care system and need to set up a new home.
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare helps youth setting out on their own to transition successfully into the community and to achieve and maintain independence in areas of their lives including education, legal, medical, mental health, residential, and safety.
With our help, these youth can also have the “things” to set up a new home! Bring your donations from the Wish List to church by Sunday, March 23. Thank you!
Wish List Items:
- Empty spray bottles
- Hygiene products: soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.
- Laundry baskets & laundry detergent
- Trash cans, trash bags
- Toilet paper
- Shower curtains, bath mats, bath towels, and wash cloths
- Kitchen towels and dish cloths
- Cleaning supplies
- Sheets, pillows, blankets
- Pots, pans, silverware, cups, plates, bowls
- Microwaves & small kitchen appliances