Steps toward Membership
We welcome new members at Second Unitarian because they bring new ideas and new energy — essential to the health and vitality of the congregation. Here are the suggested steps toward membership at Second Unitarian Church.
Attend an “EnqUUiring Minds” Class: We request that you attend this three-session class either before you join or soon after. During this class, we:
- Explore our individual spiritual odysseys.
- Learn about UU history and our faith, including a rousing game of “Stump the Minister.”
- Learn about the benefits and responsibilities of membership.
When you are ready to join:
- Meet with our minister, Rev. Cyndi Simpson. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decide how much you will give financially and fill out an annual pledge form.
Attend a Recognition Ceremony: This ceremony is presented during a Sunday worship service, during which the congregation celebrates and welcomes you and other new members into the Second Unitarian community.
If you have further questions about membership, please contact our Membership Committee at email@example.com